ProMax 5.0 Now Available!
If you already have a license of ProMax, you may download the latest version by creating a log-in here. If you do not have a license of ProMax, contact us today to learn how!
Patch ProMax 5.0 to the latest build to receive:
- DOW UCARSOL™ Solvents
- UCARSOL HS-103
- UCARSOL AP-804
- UCARSOL AP-806
- UCARSOL AP-810
- UCARSOL AP-814
- Custom Trays for Mass Transfer and Hydraulic Calculations
- User can now set weir length and liquid flow path length
- Heat and Mass Flux in Rated Heat Exchangers
- Hydrocarbon Freeze-Out for LNG and other systems
- Improvements to equilibrium and property predictions
- Copy-and-paste streams and blocks, including groups of streams and blocks
New Features in ProMax 5.0:
- Mixed Species are mixtures of individual components that appear in the component list as a single component.
- Predefined mixtures of fixed composition such as air, ASHRAE designated refrigerant blends, and more.
- User Defined Mixed Species where users can create their own single-component that represents a blend of pure species.
- Allows importation of geographic information system (GIS) data to create pipeline networks in ProMax.
- Sources can be kmz, kml, or shp formats.
- Data reduction allows for simplification of expansive data imports to increase speed while maintaining fidelity of the information.
- Automatically detects connectivity with nearby pipelines
- The GIS Tool’s graphical interface shows real plotting of data as well as manipulation without the need to re-import the data.
- Populates missing pipeline elevation with data from satellite scans of the Earth’s surface.
- Can overlay other important geographic information that may be missing from the GIS data, such as geopolitical boundaries, locations of energy facilities, and more.
- A new pipeline dialog called the Flowsheet Tool allowing for consistent and comprehensive viewing of entire pipe networks in ProMax.
Huntsman JEFFTREAT® Solvents:
- Available to all ProMax users (security device update required).
- Solvents available include:
- JEFFTREAT M
- JEFFTREAT MS-100
- JEFFTREAT MS-203
- JEFFTREAT MS-205
- JEFFTREAT MS-303
- JEFFTREAT M-505
- JEFFTREAT M-507
- JEFFTREAT M-510
Alkylation Reactor Block:
- The new Alkylation block converts C3, C4, and C5 olefins into alkylate (mixed C7, C8, and C9 iso-paraffins) plus C11, C12, and C13 poly-alkylation products. The poly-alkylation products undergo further cracking before leaving the reactor.
- The block allows for convenient investigation of reactor temperature, iso-butane/olefin ratio, and outlet olefin leakage.
- Both HF and Sulfuric Acid systems available.
- Account for
- Acid circulation, iso-butane circulation, and HF stripper recycle closure
- External and internal HF acid regeneration plus acid settler carryover
- Sulfuric acid strength and refrigeration
- Fractionator Hydraulics
Delayed Coker Block:
- Model refinery delayed coking processes where heavy petroleum fractions are cracked into lighter components, such as gas, gasoline, and gas oil.
- Predict product yields using a fully customizable yield model.
- Study the effects of recycle ratio, drum pressure, and furnace temperature on unit performance.
- Relate drum outage height and cycle time.
- Anticipate the effect of feed Micro Carbon Residue (MCR) on coke production rate.
- Integrate with Vacuum Tower model to evaluate the effect of changing Vacuum Tower operations on the coker unit.
AutoKinetic® Reactor Improvements:
- Simplified User Interface making for easier implementation.
- Reduced number of required inputs for fixed-bed reactors.
- Solve time dramatically decreased, in most cases by 80% or more.
- Hydrodenitrogenation (HDN) reactions now available for complete modeling of hydrotreaters and their effluents.
- Ejector/Eductor block to calculate pressure boost to a driven fluid
- Flare Tip to predict radiation, destruction efficiency, and noise following API Recommended Practices 521.
- Seal Drum to determine relationship between geometry and pressure drop for forward flow through a liquid seal, as well as predictions of a vacuum condition, following API Recommended Practices 521.
- Tee/Wye blocks that estimate pressure losses at piping junctions.
- Membrane block to predict fluid separation from partial pressure gradients across membrane surfaces.
- Inflow performance relationship (IPR) for both gas and oil wells using a variety of methods and correlations.
- Multiphase vertical flow relationships through production tubing.
- Production improvements through artificial gas lift.
- Effect of surface choke setting on production rates.
- Optimization of surface production equipment to maximize production rates.
- Easily model the allocation of hydrocarbons through a production facility, pipeline system, gas plant, and more!
- High fidelity modeling with strict adherence to first principles.
- Greatly reduce component list to a single set: no component duplication required!
- Fully evaluate the effect that one production well has on another.
- Calculations can be automated to perform the accounting monthly, daily, or even hourly!
Crude Oil Prediction Improvements:
- Built-in worldwide database of characterized crude oils.
- Additional bulk properties available as input, such as bulk viscosity.
- User-defined properties allow for distribution of a variety of properties, such as sulfur distribution, metals, nitrogen, and more!
Product:BR&E ProMax v5.0