EZ-FRISK 7.35 is a software package used by engineers and seismologists to perform site-specific earthquake hazard analysis. The key capabilities are:
- Seismic Hazard Analysis — calculating the probability of earthquake ground shaking at the surface or in the bedrock beneath a site based on the location of surrounding faults.
- Spectral Matching — adjusting an accelerogram to match a target response spectrum, while preserving realistic time-dependent characteristics of the ground motion.
- Site Response Analysis — calculating the ground motion at the surface given a bedrock ground motion and the layers of soil and rock that overlay the bedrock at the site.
With this set of features you can quickly create design ground motions for engineering purposes that
- Use state-of-the-art earthquake modeling and statistical analysis to accurately reflect the desired level of safety,
- Have realistic time-dependent behavior, and
- Consider site-specific soil and rock layering.
EZ-FRISK™ lets you quickly set up, execute, and visualize seismic analyses because it has an integrated, intuitive user interface and has databases of earthquake faults characteristics, ground motion attenuation equations, and dynamic soil properties that are extensive and up-to-date, yet can be customized as needed.
You do not need to rely on generic published maps — You do not need to rely on command-line engineering tools and their tedious and error-prone data entry, file conversion, and manual chart creation — Instead, you can concentrate on applying your expertise and judgment because EZ-FRISK™ gives you an effective, integrated set of seismic analysis tools that are easy-to-use yet powerful and flexible.
EZ-FRISK™ capabilities work together as an integrated package, or you can use and license them as stand-alone modules.