RockWare PetraSim 2022.1
PetraSim is the graphical interface for the TOUGH2 family of simulators. Developed at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, TOUGH2 and its derivatives are recognized for their powerful simulation capabilities for fluid flow and heat transfer in porous and fractured media.
The TOUGH2 codes have been applied to problems ranging from Yucca mountain groundwater flow to multi-component environmental remediation. PetraSim makes the power of TOUGH2 accessible to modelers through an interactive 3D environment that includes mesh generation, parameter definition, and display of results.
PetraSim significantly lowers the barriers to TOUGH2 use by freeing the analyst to focus on the model, while automatically handling the complex details of TOUGH2 input and output files.
PetraSim includes TOUGH2 (version 2), T2VOC, TMVOC, and TOUGHREACT (version 1.2) executables. TOUGH version 2.1 and TOUGHREACT v2.0 are supported with licensing purchased through LBL. PetraSim also includes limited support for TOUGHREACT v3.32 and TOUGH3.
New features/bug fixes in the 2022.1.0301 release include a number of small bug fixes, as well as enhanced support for TOUGH3 and TOUGHREACT v3.32:
- A new CSV Conversion tool has been created for display of TOUGHREACT V3.32 results. This allows users to select multiple TecPlot format output files and convert them to the mesh.csv and react.csv files visualized by PetraSim.
- The names of output files for TOUGHREACT v3.32 simulations have been changed to have a .tec extensions. This indicates that they are written in a TecPlot format.
- TOUGHREACT v3.32 time.out files are converted to foft.csv files for display as Cell History Plots.
- The Cell Connection Plot option has been removed from the interface for TOUGHREACT v3.32 SIM files.
- A new option to write a TOUGH3 MOMOP block to the input file has been added to the Analysis|Solution Controls menu.
- The option to write a TOUGH3 INFILE has been added to the File menu.
- Numerous improvements have been made to how the Cancel and Apply buttons work. These are global changes that have been made throughout the program.
- Reminders have been added to the IRP and CRP windows for TMVOC and ECO2M TOUGH3 users. 3-phase curves can be included in the input file using the “custom” curve options.
product:RockWare PetraSim 2022.1