ASAP NextGen 2021 V1
New Software Release: ASAP NextGen 2021 v1
March 31, 2021; Tucson, AZ – Breault Research Organization, Inc. (BRO), is pleased to announce the latest software release: ASAP NextGen 2021 v1.
The release includes several new features such as the new GENERATION command.
For users performing stray light analysis of cameras or telescopes that have lenses, the new GENERATION command may reduce ray trace times by a factor of 10 to 100. GENERATION places an upper limit on combined ghost and scatter generations. This eliminates the tracing of unneeded child rays in optical systems where both ghosts and scatter are present. Additional features, include:
Highlights of ASAP 2021v1
- COATING TABLE command reads a table of real or complex reflectance and transmittance values
- New GENERATION command enables control of ray splitting and scatter
- New CPC EDGE feature allows construction of a compound parabolic concentrator or ideal trough concentrator from a single edge
- New LSL Sources from Seoul Semiconductor
- EXTREMES command now works with multi-core processing; now examines all selected rays within all processor nodes to output global minima and maxima
- INTERPOLATE command now works with multi-core processing
Product:ASAP NextGen 2021 V1