MESA 12.3 RELEASE NOTES July 2011 Issue 2, Volume 1
The primary new feature is the ability to import KMZ files exported from Google Earth™. Users can mark
the locations of exclusion zones or source/receiver lines in Google Earth and, after selecting the
appropriate map projection, transform these files into features in a MESA project. We also made several
minor changes to our SPS export functions to improve file compatibility with other systems that read SPS
files. Another new feature is the ability to merge the results of raytracing jobs. In the past, only one
raytracing file could be used for the calculation of attributes. With this new feature, a long raytracing job
can be split across multiple computers and the results can be merged for attribute calculation.
The list highlights the changes made for version 12.3:
1. Added a feature for importing KMZ files. KMZ files can be used to create exclusion zones, source
lines and receiver lines.
2. Fixed an issue with the identify exclusion zone tool. This tool reports the number of sources and
receivers inside of the selected exclusion zone, however, it was not properly checking the filter settings.
The tool now checks the filter settings.
3. Fixed an issue with the header identification numbers in the SPS export function.
4. Fixed an issue with certain SPS header records appearing in the SPS output files even though the
user had selected to delete these header records.
5. Fixed an issue with filter settings being ignored during rectangular and circular shooting.
6. Expert attribute calculations and the incidence angle plot were both ignoring the IsLive flag in the
7. Fixed a screen geometry problem when the color scale is toggled off.
8. Fixed an issue where the raypaths stored by the enhanced raytracer could under some circumstances
report an incorrect CRP location.
9. Fixed the major resolution problem that existed in the large scale plotting routine. The resolution of
large scale plots is now equivalent to pre-MESA 11.0 releases.
10. Fixed a consistency problem with the incidence angle calculation between the Expert attributes and
the incidence angle plot.
11. Fixed some inconsistencies saving program settings in the project\’s XML file.
12. Fixed an issue filling a full fold polygon using the Unit Template layout feature.
13. Changed the default behavior of the SPS – XPS output so that missing receivers on the same
receiver line will now generate a new card in the XPS file. Previously, dead receivers on a line would
generate a new card, but missing receivers would not generate a new card if all the actual receivers
within the template segment existed. The SPS specifications state that a missing receiver should
generate a new card.
14. Fixed a problem in which the label shooting algorithm incorrectly re-shot duplicate source points.
15. Added an option to the File menu of the Enhanced Raytracer to merge .odb files. This allows users
to split large raytracing jobs across multiple computers and merge the results.
16. Fixed an issue with crooked model cross sections drawing incorrectly in the 3D window.
17. Fixed an issue using custom colors for drawing source and receiver labels.
18. Fixed an issue with midpoints getting toggled off when the bin grid gets toggled on.
19. Fixed an issue with MESA crashing if the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is formatted
incorrectly for redundant servers.
20. Fixed an issue with text annotations not showing up after drawing line annotations.
21. The license checking now searches for a local dongle prior to checking for a FlexLM license.
22. The Find function in the spreadsheets works better on floating point data types.
23. Fixed a saving issue when alternating between partial and full fold calculations.
Product:GMG MESA 12.3