SPACE GASS V14.11
SPACE GASS is a general purpose structural analysis and design program for 2D and 3D frames, trusses, grillages and beams. It comes with a full complement of features that make it suitable for any job from small beams, trusses and portal frames to large high rise buildings, towers, cranes and bridges. Items such as graphical input, polar coordinates, elastic supports, pin-ended members, tension-only members, rigid member offsets, and non-linear analysis are all standard features.
SPACE GASS is a multi-purpose 3D analysis and design program for structural engineers. Its extensive range of features make it suitable for anything from beams, trusses and frames to buildings, towers, tanks, cable structures and bridges. Capabilities include a 64-bit multi-core solver, silky smooth 3D rendered graphics, plate finite elements, frame elements, cable elements, tension/compression-only elements, moving loads and links to many CAD and building management program
Build 14.11.2952 (January 14, 2023):
- Released the 2023 student version.
- Fixed an issue when exporting to Excel from the portal frame builder which caused the export to cut off the last character in each cell and put it in the next cell.
- Changed the Seaload module for the Stokes’ 5th order theory so that if the problem is outside the range of the theory then it displays how far it is outside the theory as a percentage and asks if the user wants to accept inaccurate results and continue rather than just stopping.
- Fixed an issue in the undo/redo when adding items back to members or plates that had been deleted during the undo/redo. For example, if a member with intermediate concentrated loads was subdivided so that some of its loads went onto new subdivided members, if an undo was subsequently done it didn’t put those loads back onto the original member.
- Fixed an issue when undoing area loads. Temporary loads used for interim calculations could have remained applied to the member after the undo. This could happen to members that had area loads coming from both sides of the member.
- Now include the load properties “Generate in” variable when exporting or importing moving load data with Excel or a text file. It was previously omitted.
- Included a number of other minor enhancements.
Product:SPACE GASS V14.11