OptiSystem Multimode Edition facilitates the design, analysis and simulation of multimode fiber communication systems. By temporal and spatial propagation of signals OptiSystem MMC can handle system level analysis of communication technologies including 10 GB Ethernet.
Multimode Component Library Features
* A library of multimode lasers and transmitters that generate transverse output fields with different profiles, including Laguerre-Gaussian and Hermite-Gaussian profiles.
* Multimode fiber models, including Parabolic-Index and Measured-Index profile. Advanced mode-solvers allows for calculation of coupling coefficients and modal delays for different fiber profiles.
* Integration with OptiFiber that allows the users to design fibers and import the refractive index profile into OptiSystem.
* Spatial couplers that allow for simulation of the rotation, shifts and tilts between different components, e.g. laser-fiber coupling.
* A library of multimode photodetectors and receivers that include the effects of losses due to optical misalignments.
* Lenses and aperture components that allow for manipulating the spatial distribution of optical signals.
* Encircled Flux Analyzer that allows for calculating Average Radial Intensity and Encircled Flux.
* Measured Transverse Mode Generator: These robust components attach measured transverse mode profiles using the popular F3D format to the input signal. They also convert single mode signals to multimode signals.
* Measured Index Multimode Fiber: A new LP mode solver in OptiSystem 9.0 increases accuracy when calculating group delay for fibers with an arbitrary refractive index.
* Spatial Visualizer: Displays different 3D graphs used for analysis of the spatial modes: Individual, weightened and the sum of all modes for each polarization.
* Differential Mode Delay Analyzer: It transmits and receives optical pulses, automatically introduces radial offsets between transmitter and fiber, allowing for analysis of Differential Mode Delay and Pulse Width versus radial offset.
ew in OptiSystem 9
New DP‐QPSK and QPSK Transmitters
New Optical Coherent QPSK and DP‐QPSK Receiver
New OFDM Digital Modulators/Demodulators and Line Coders/Decoders
New components facilitating the simulation of OFDM transmitters and receivers, supporting user defined subcarrier indexes and different types of modulation schemes such as BPSK, QPSK, QAM, etc. www.inshares.com
New Burst Modulator and Demodulator models
New MATLAB component interface
New Scilab Component. Co‐simulation in time, frequency and spatial domain with Scilab.
New FSO Channel model. A new large‐scale and small‐scale scintillation statistical model.
New Thulium Doped Fiber models. New rare‐earth doped fiber added to the amplifiers library.
New Visualizers (BER Test Set, Binary and M-ary Sequence, Time Domain, and more)
New Monte‐Carlo Yield Estimation optimization model.
New Simulation Scheduler
New New applications and Validation Projects
New Samples (i.e. Tm‐doped fiber amplifier, Passive mode‐locked fiber laser)
Product:Optiwave OptiSystem 9.0.1