RomaxDESIGNER is the CAE product of choice for drivetrain development for passenger cars, electric and hybrid vehicles, trucks, motorsport, motorcycles, off highway, aerospace, marine, bearings and rail.
RomaxDESIGNER enables faster and more accurate simulation and analysis of transmissions and drivelines: Users can simultaneously assess and optimize strength, durability, efficiency and NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) of individual components and the complete system.
With a multitude of new features and enhancements RomaxDESIGNER, R17 provide our customers with new opportunities to optimise electro-mechanical transmission designs, increase accuracy of analyses and performance prediction.
New features include enhanced electro-mechanical design capabilities for total driveline engineering. There are also improved functionalities for advanced driveline analysis in NVH, efficiency, gear and bearing performance and process optimisation.
Electrification – for total driveline engineering
– Electro-mechanical design trade-offs at the concept design stage
– NVH powertrain response to gear and electrical machine excitation
– Multi-fidelity modelling for optimum simulation speed and insight
Pioneering technology – for advanced driveline analysis
– NVH: advanced planetary sideband dynamics
– Gears: detailed root stress analysis
– Efficiency: new FVA 345 calculation methods
– Bearings: journal bearings, and advanced analytical models for roller and roller rib contact
Integration – for process optimisation
– Enhanced batch execution capability for automated design and analysis processes
– Export structural response for acoustic analysis: Transfer housing vibration responses from RomaxDESIGNER into acoustic software packages, for faster prediction of radiated noise