Softbits Flaresim v5.02
Softbits is one of the leading specialist companies worldwide in the field of flare simulation. Based in Hampshire in the south of the UK, we develop and maintain Flaresim – the sophisticated, state-of-the-art, industry-standard flare design application for the oil, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and refining industries.
Flaresim is our highly developed and sophisticated flare simulation/design application. Designed by professional engineers, for professional engineers, it models thermal radiation and noise footprints generated by flare systems for offshore platforms, gas plants, refineries and chemical plants, and predicts the temperature of exposed surfaces within range. The application can analyse installations of any complexity, with unlimited multiple flare tips on multiple vertical, horizontal or inclined flare stacks. Users can model pipe flares, sonic flares and liquid burners using a range of algorithms. They can also enter and report data in units of their choice, and can convert data to other units at any time.
Flaresim provides full 3D flame-shape analysis with complete flexibility in the location and orientation of multiple stacks, and rapid evaluation of flare systems under different wind speeds and directions. Shield options can be included. Working from the opposite perspective, Flaresim allows you to size stack or boom length to meet specific radiation, noise or surface-temperature limits at defined receptor points. Flaresim includes gas dispersion models for both jet dispersion of flammable gases close to the stack and Gaussian dispersion of pollutants at longer distances. The output from Flaresim is highly customisable, and you can select either summary or detailed output. Flaresim has a user-friendly interface and incorporates context-sensitive help at every stage for user guidance.
he following updates have been made in Flaresim 5.0.2
1. Restored ability to export isopleths as Autocad DXF files and added ability to export as Autocad DWG files
2. Restored ability to import Autocad DXF format overlays and added ability to import Autocad DWG Files
3. Enhanced tip size utility to save, recall and display results of sizing calculations
4. Correct problem where Flaresim is left as a background task after closing and fails to release network license
5. Fix problems with seal choke check calculation and pressure drop calculation when multiple burners are used.
6. Fix some formatting problems in isopleth plots and graphic reports
7. Fix issue with unregistered report component
8. Fix a number of unhandled exception conditions
Product:Softbits Flaresim v5.0.2